Saturday, January 19, 2008

Snow Days

Ah, yes we had a snow day. Thursday , it started about 1 AM and snowed all day and ended with sleet and rain. . Having gotten warmer. We got about 3-4 inches

This was taken out of my window. Notice the birds waiting their turn to get the seeds. There are a couple of small dogwood trees there that they love to land on before going over to the feeder.
This I took across the front of the house. The road is on the other side of the rail fence. The snow plow hadn't been through yet. Later in the evening when it had turned to a light rain. My neighbor right behind came up with his tractor and cleaned my driveway completely. This is the kind of neighbors to have.

I finished up the next project for the month. The picture is down below but I wanted to get something ready for hand work. Our quilters Hollow group is having a retreat in conjunction with the shop hop around the Kansas City area. We have 4 members that live around there and wanted us to come. So I am going to be able to get away for a long weekend. More about that later ., but I was thinking of having some hand work to take with me to work on. So looking in some patterns and kits that had been given to me I found this one kit. Weren't we talking about starting for Christmas early



The date on this pattern is 1995 by Rachel's of Greenfield. Isn't she cute?
All the fabrics are there. So I have pieced the backing and made the pieces to be appliqued and will put it all in a baggie and there is one project to take

Now here is the Jingle Joly Runner I showed about a week ago. All quilted and bound. The stars stand out a little bit more. I don't know if you can see how I quilted it but it was fun and didn't take very long.

I have another one to be finished and it was an old one from over a year ago. Just need to finish quilting the border and then the binding.

So more later. It's been very nice out today but is getting colder. I don't have to go out tomorrow at all. 2 football games to watch and my hubby wanted oysters again so dinner will be at noon and I can sit and quilt on my feed sack quilt as long as I want.

Time to get supper. Thanks for dropping by.

3 comments:

atet said...

That little angel looks like it will be fun to work on and I love how the star table runner turned out. The quilting really does emphasize the stars a bit more.

antique quilter said...

Oh your so lucky it snowed, we are still waiting for some snow here!
I agree the stars are more dominate now with the quilting. Good news your getting a weekend away with some quilting friends that should be fun!
Kathie

Moorea said...

I really enjoyed doing this WISP project and finding new and wonderful
quilt blog friends. Great job on getting your projects done, they are
beautiful!