Thursday, January 24, 2008

My New tote

Just wanted you to know that I have been doing a little sewing. Between quilting things and sewing on binding you have to do a little something else.
This pattern was in the Aug. 07 McCall's quilting magazine and I had made one for another swap with a gal on the Carol Doak group. Wanted to make one for ME. So with a package of Charms of the new Lakeside collection of Thimbleberries I put this together.
It really isn't as easy as it looks with putting fusible fleece on the backs of both the front and the lining it makes for a pretty thick sew.

One nice thing is it take a little magnet on each side as a closer.

Nice a big . Holds a book that I like to take along to the beauty parlor, the doctor's office which we have many to visit.

So that's my show and tell for today.



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eileen I love your bag. It looks like Spring. Which I guess we are all getting anxious for. You did your usual great job. I like those little Charms. I have made some cute gifts with them.

Linda Z

atet said...

It's lovely -- I have to look and see if I have that magazine. If so, I have some charms that are begging to be used :0).

antique quilter said...

great tote bag, I always have a bag ready to go for waiting for my DD at whatever activity of the day it s!
or at school for pick up.
We can never have enough tote bags.
Love the scrappy look to this one,will have to go see if I have that issue.
Thanks
kathie

Melanie said...

Great Bag - I love it-- color choice are great...worth the trouble definitely.

Kairle Oaks said...

That's a cute bag, Eileen. The Ballerina was thinking we should make a bag for her teacher's birthday. She's really eager to learn how to sew!

Kim said...

This is cute!

MARCIE said...

Love that bag! It is on my list of things to do! Haven't found the magnet closures yet tho.