Monday, January 14, 2008

My Old Kentucky Home

I have finally finished this log cabin quilt. Well, the top. Getting it quilted is another thing. Will have to think about that for a bit. I've taken 3 different views. It's on my husbands bed which is a regular size and the quilt is really almost a King Size. So as you will see it goes to the floor on both sides.




With this view you can see the borders. The inside one is just small half logs and the out side is made up of 2 inch squares. what I call 3 patch. Just made a lot of them. Each side has 64 units and the top and bottom have 58. That's a lot of squares but it sure helped use up a lot of scraps.

Oh, in case I haven't said they are all Thimbleberries fabrics.


Here is a view from the bottom of the bed. Sure can see the different colors of the fabrics.
Judy Martin suggested to quilt feathers in the light blocks and diagonal lines in the darks


Here;s slightly different angle. You can see how it hits the floor on this right side also. I couldn't be more pleased with this quilt.

Any suggestions about the quilting?

My daughter said this would fit her new queen size bed but--- we will wait and see.

9 comments:

dot said...

Just wonderful. What a lovely quilt. I don't know what else to say, this is just beautiful.

Tazzie said...

Wow Eileen, I just love it! It's just beautifully scrappy, and the fabrics look so rich. Wonderful!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

antique quilter said...

I love this quilt! It is beautiful.
Isn't it fun just to look at all the different fabrics in this quilt.
I like it goes to the floor to tell you the truth!
just love the border too.
Kathie

antique quilter said...

Meant to ask are you going to hand quilt this one?
If I was going to hand quilt this one cause of all the seams I might just quilt right down the center of the logs.
the house I would have to think about!
Kathie

Anonymous said...

georgous quilt. It is so beautiful, love all the different colors.

atet said...

Beautiful! I think I like the idea you have already -- feathers in the lights and diagonal lines in the darks.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful log cabin quilt! I love it! Wish I could see it in person.

MARCIE said...

Oh wow, Eileen, you have really been going to town on that quilt! It turned out great! I love the border on it. Nice job!

merrily row said...

Three projects for the month. Out touring and documenting the town and still she has finished this lovely top. Are you going to hand or machine quilt it? I think you should keep it, it is so gorgeous. Mary