Thursday, January 10, 2008

Award

YOU MADE MY DAY Award

Gee, Marcie gave this to me the other day. Now I must follow the following directions.

The rules for this award say to choose up to 10 people whose blog brings you happiness & inspiration and makes you feel happy about Blogland. Let them know by posting a note on their blog so they can pass it on.

The very first person I read every day is Bonnie, at Quiltville, yes who doesn't. She is posting all the time and getting ready to move and quilting and giving us these wonderful patterns. I have used several. So thank you Bonnie.

Then of course there is Kim's Big Quilting Adventure, for whom I am ever grateful as I couldn't do this blog without her.

Third is one you might not have visited but should because she happens to be my niece, Joyce at And Sew On, jmquilts.blogsspot. It was wonderful to find that she was blogging also. Haven't had that much contact with her since she grew up, married and I knew she sewed and quilted. Great way to keep in contact. She has an interesting life.

Last but not least is Tazzie, Who doesn't know her. We met many years ago when she briefly was on the Quilters Hollow but left due to the family doing. So surprised that she has gone on to designing quilts and doing such a great job of using her scraps. I have always loved scrappy quilts.

So girls, You have made my day.

Now I want to show you the paper pieced block I have made to use for a in-house round robin which Carol Doak has come up with for her group, which is huge. We are to make a center block. Then each month she will give the instructions on what to do for the next round. This should be fun. The blocks of course have to be hers. I'm going to be hindered a little as I only have one of her early books to use and then of course the ones she has given us as a group and her free online ones from her web site
This block is made up of four sections. I found the backing and the brown fabric which has been in my stash for a long time. Have at least 2 yards of each and then the pinks and green center is from two packages of hand dyes that I bought at a quilt show several years ago and have never used. There are six graduations of colors in each one. So thought this would be a good way to use them. Will keep you posted.

I got my car back today, finally and really sort of hated to give the nice Dodge Caravan back. I loved driving it. Now I have a nice clean car.

5 comments:

Jules said...

Thank you! I really appreciate the award and your kind comments.

I agree - this is a great way to keep in touch!

Jules said...

Oh... I forgot... tell me about your round robin... In house? Just you? Are you in a group w/ Carol? I thought she lived closer to me. ;)

I have a couple of her books.

Shelina said...

Congratulations on your award.

Susie said...

Hi Eileen,
please tell "your little girl" happy birthday for me.

Tazzie said...

Wow Eileen, thank you so much for a lovely surprise. You are such a sweetheart, and say the loveliest things. You really have made my day!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)