Monday, October 15, 2007

Pumpkin Patch

Isn't this a cute family portrait? I got it with a few others a couple days ago from My great niece Briana in Castle Rock, Co. They went to one of the ranches to get pumpkins.

This is such an amazing family. The baby is just about 2 mo. old and is name Samile. Isn't that different.



The amazing thing is Briana is home schooling the children. The oldest girl, Soquel, is about 9 and she started her out quite young. Plays the violin and so does the oldest boy
Squire, started learning I think as soon as he could talk. He is about 6 now. Then the younger boy , Sequoia, is 2. So she has her hands full. Her Husband is a music teacher in elementary charter school. Also teaches privately.

She's the one I quilted a quilt for this spring. She had taken about 5 years to put it together. I'll see if I can get a picture of it on her bed that she sent me. Seems I lost it last week when I got an upgrade and lost my photos.

I will have a picture to show tomorrow of the little mini that I just quilted the last couple days. Need to get the binding finished.

Then I received the flannel backing that I ordered to put on my DS family throw. So that has to be cut and pieced , pinned and have to check if I have batting big enough. I have the TB club on Wed. so will be at the quilt shop and get a discount on club day.

Now back to the binding.














. . . .

3 comments:

Kairle Oaks said...

That's a really sweet picture, Eileen. You're obviously very proud of them. How kind of them to send you that picture!

Melanie said...

I've never seen a pumpkin that didn't make me smile--- wonderful picture. Have fun at thimbleberries club...

kcdi said...

Terrific picture! And I love all the children's names. I wonder what the origin and meanings of them are???