Monday, December 10, 2007

Christmas Decorations Are Up

Finally got to changing the room around and getting the tree up. This table usually has a two drawer Spool cabinet which is now under the table on the floor and an old lamp that we use as a night light. Then a good bit of glass as we were collectors. I say were as we did sell a good bit before we moved into this smaller home.




This is a 4 ft. artificial which I went to several years ago as just being easier. You can see I have most of the old ornaments and the new skirt.
The stained glass angel was given to me several years ago by an old friend that we met in College and he ended up as the Father-in - law of my niece who came back to the same college that my DH and many other family members graduated from and found their mates.
He took up stained glass work after he retired from the ministry. I like it. Usually sits in one of my windows.


This is another view showing the other old sleighs that I have collected over the years. The small ones are considered salts. On the mantle I have the Vaseline one that belonged to my Mother-in-law.
You can also see the Feed Sack quilt which I'm quilting. This is where it sits on the chair next to my lounge chair so I can easily get it.

See how bare it looks outside now


This shows my fireplace and mantle. It is the same stone as the outside of the house


Here's a closeup of the left side. A couple of the deer with the old trees and at the end between a pair of candles, the red bulb tree I talked about in an earlier blog.


This is the right side with the sleigh and old Santa and a few wrapped gifts and the deer pulling. My DMIL
always set up a little display like this on her coffee table. I've added a larger angel at the end.
My stocking from our exchange last year on the TB Yahoo group.

The picture is an oll painting of Burnside bridge which was a big battle during the Civil War down outside of Sharpsburg.

My DD got it at a silent auction at their church a couple years ago. One of the ladies had donated it. Sits right there on top of the fireplace door.

So Now I have packages wrapped and am ready for Christmas, Except getting some little thing for each of the Grandchildren to open for their Christmas besides the money we give them.
Hope you are all getting close to finished.

Thanks for stopping by and looking at my living room ready for Christmas Day.

6 comments:

Melanie said...

I love your decorations--- Kick your shoes off and enjoy the season... sounds like you're ready.

merrily row said...

It looks marvelous. And I am jealous too. Done! My trees are decorated but the multitude of boxes that hold the decorations are still needing to be gathered up. Enjoy your holidays. Mary

antique quilter said...

I love the way your mantel looks. The tree skirt is beautiful, did you just make it this year?
Kathie

Lindah said...

Eileen, Thank you for the tour of your Christmas home. It is so cozy and pretty. Love your big windows. What a treat to be done with the Christmas preparations. I need to go back to my earlier practice of setting a "done date." Otherwise, the prep work just dribbles along until Christmas is over.

Sit and savor the season!
Merry Christmas!
Linda H

atet said...

What lovely decorations you have. It makes me feel a bit guilty that the only thing I have up so far is my advent calendar! I really need to get moving!

Kairle Oaks said...

I'm so far behind on my blog reading, but I'm so glad that I stopped by to see your home all decorated for Christmas. Everything looks so beautiful!