Monday, December 17, 2007

Candle Mat

At the TB club meeting last week the store owner showed us this cute candle mat and of course had some kits made up. It uses 2.0 in. Thangles and the pattern comes with the package of Thangles. I've never used them so decided to buy one. It consisted of 3 FQs and the batting and package of Thangles for $15. Not that big an outlay of money. The one I picked had this cute Snowman on the larger print, a light and then another smaller blue print.

I made the mistake of using this cute snowman print for the top. The print got cut up to much and the design doesn't show up as it should. The other print I used for the backing. As you can see it consists of HST and squares and rectangles. Easy to make. In fact I think if I hadn't been trying so hard to get the snowmen on the outside pieces it would have been faster.

Then with the other FQ as the backing you sandwich and turn like a pillow case. whip the opening and quilt. All in all it took me about 3 hours. I did simple quilting 1/4 in all around. This one I think was the picture I took before I quilted it.

This one has been quilted. I can't see it as I type this but when you click on it you probably can.

What a neat , fast little gift. All you need is the package of 2 inch Thangles and hopefully the pattern is in it. Need a quick gift. Good to use up some stash.

I had a someone inquire about the patterns of the miniature quilts I had on the last post. I will give one of my patterns to someone who comments on that post before Christmas Day. You will have to ask for the pattern. If i get more than one I will draw a name from the list.

Merry Christmas all

3 comments:

Angie said...

I LOve, love love this candlemat!! What an excellent pattern. I will try to wing it on making one myself. *s*

antique quilter said...

I like this candle mat a lot, what a great gift idea!
the fabric is adorable...what was the fabric for the backing?
Kathie

Anonymous said...

i am looking for candle mat ideas to use up my fabric scraps, and i have alot- ha-ha, i want to make some and give to a friends nursing home for their christmas season,, i would love to have a pattern from you, i scrolled your web page and i like it. thnaks terri