Here's my completed strips. I did rearrange them from this picture.
Wanted to get the darks more even.That dark spot at the bottom is my stool. If it weren't for that I couldn't reach the top of the board. I'm too short. LOL
Then this is the dark narrow border I found in my stash of TB. It is Navy with stars but does what I wanted it to.
Did you notice the darker strip was on the opposite side. Just looked better.
Then In this picture that I sent Kim last night I just had the outside border stuck around the quilt
This morning I got the outside border sewn on. It is a Thimbleberries. One I had used on another quilt and had the length.
Then this afternoon I decided to get into my old stash of blues and pulled out a lot of odd pieces and started to stick them up on the quilt to make a scrappy pieced backing. Took me all afternoon. But it's done and I have a big enough piece of batting so hopefully tomorrow or this week I can get it pinned . This one I feel I can machine quilt. Lots of straight stitfching.
I really love the way it has turned out. Thanks Bonnie for mentioning this.