Saturday, April 26, 2008

Update and some brights.

Well, everything is settled. I will be taking my hubby to the local nursing home, he's been there before, for what they call Respite Care. Something Medicare won't pay for but he will be well care for while I fly out to the west coast. Yippee. Get to see my two brothers and all the nieces and nephews and their children and grandchildren. From the way it sounds most all of them are going to be there.

What a party we will have. Just what my sister would want. She loved parties.

So on Sat. afternoon I'll take DH down and get him settled and I'll try to sleep some but have a 7:15 flight and the airport is an hour and a half away so that means getting up early. If I can sleep.

Will be coming home on Tues. I was able to get the same Continental flight home part way to Houston with my Brother and Sister-in-law and their oldest son and DIL. So that will be a little extra. That is our one stop. They go on to Columbus Ohio and I come on to Baltimore.


So figured we need a little brightness around and I finally finished this wall hanging. It's all Batek's and was a swap I was in on Larisa's group several years ago. Since Batek is hard to hand quilt through I machine quilted it and finally got the binding on the other day.

Still need to get the grass quilted on my Tulip quilt. I started the other day and didn't like it at all. Had taken to big of stitches so took them out and in the process of doing it I came down on a pin and broke the needle so there the sewing machine sits. No needle. Till I get back to it.

Been just too many things going on.

This morning I did get out to a nursery and bought 6 more perennials and one annual since it was a pretty orange and some color. But I see this morning while planting the new ones that the columbine I planted last year are starting to bloom already. I have about 4 different varieties.

Just wish my dogwood tree had more blossoms on it like it has had other years. It is just getting too old. Have lots of little ones coming but have no idea how long it will take for them to start blooming.

Want to thank all of you for the lovely comments you left of my sister. Didn't realize I had so many people reading these thoughts. Till the next time.

6 comments:

Katie said...

That quilt is wonderful and bright! I hope you have a good trip. :-)

Julie in the Barn said...

May I offer my condolences on the loss of your sister. I grew up in Santa Cruz (actually Aptos, the little town nearby) and may have bought flowers from your sister at some time. I hope you have a safe trip.

Thank you for the lovely photos of your garden & the beautiful quilt.

BarbC said...

I love your bright quilt... I am a huge fan of bright colors and those are great! Barb C

julieQ said...

I am sorry about your sister, I know that is a great loss for you. I hope your trip will bring you some peace and joy, seeing your family. Very pretty bright quilt! Love it!

Libby said...

Have a safe journey and enjoy the time with your family *s*

Anonymous said...

Dear Eileen

My thoughts are with you and how sad to read off your sister passing.
Take care.

Christine Brisbane/Australia