Friday, April 11, 2008

Retreat Goodies!

More goodies from our retreat. Ellen who was one of the local Kansas City gals and also a great quilter and looks like quite the designer. Had this little wall hanging all ready for us to take our pick of fabrics. Being a blue person I picked this border which is part of the new Gardeners Touch collection.
She had the petals all done on wonder under so we could each write our name on just enough for the ones there. Course I had to be different as I have never used the wonder under and don't have a machine that will do the fancy stitching around the edges. So had mine cut out of freezer paper and did needle turn. It was fun. Did it Monday and Tues. She had the little squares of different beige's for us to take our pick. Suppose to be scrappy. Many of us got those sewed together in KC. Now isn't that the best souvenir for our 3 day retreat? I will get it hand quilted and put it up between one of the windows here on the porch.

This is the cute box that Melanie made for each of us. It is fabric stiffened and folded. Sort of like Origami. She spent most of her three days working on them. When she wasn't out going to quilt shops.

This is what I finished up in Kansas City. Would have gotten the binding sewn down IF I'd had some red thread

It was made with 12 2 inch squares
from one collection of at least 4 years ago. It measures 9 3/4 x 8 1/4. Hand quilted.

Today I've been working on more of the little 6 in. Ohio Star blocks in plaids. I have pictures back about 4 posts. Have found the setting I want to use to put these together. One of the gals had one using this swap, on her bed at the hotel. Took pictures and she is sending me the pattern.

Something to do in-between the OC.

5 comments:

Paula said...

I really love the little quilt, especially with the lovely hand quilting! So pretty. Of course the little flower is sweet and such a great reminder of your wonderful time with friends!

CONNIE W said...

Really great stuff! Love the siggies on the flower petals.

julieQ said...

I absolute love your daily signature quilt! What a great idea for your retreat. Your miniature quilted up so pretty, too!

Kairle Oaks said...

What fun projects, Eileen. The hand quilting on your mini is exquisite. Amazing how the beautiful detail can set of 12 simple squares of fabric!

MARCIE said...

Your mini is fabulous! Love the bag you rec'd. How funny! Lots of great stuff to look at. I am glad you had fun!