Saturday, April 19, 2008

Some new blocks

I just have an assortment of blocks to show you today. Hopefully in a couple days the dogwood will be in bloom and I can get a good picture of it. Being up on the second floor here on the porch the view of the tree is in the middle where the blossoms are. The leaves are coming out on most of the trees. A wild cherry right across our property line is in full bloom

Here are a couple blocks I've worked on this past week
This is my April block of the month for Carol Doaks group. The color is not good. That is a pretty green for the leaves.

This is what I'm going to do with the Ohio star blocks I made with the plaids that we swapped on the Hollow
Each 6 inch block will be bordered like this using all different plaids for both the strips and the corners. This makes a really neat design. I showed a picture of a quilt one of the girls had on her bed in Kansas City at the retreat.
I've only got the one done so far. Wanted to see how it would look and how those corner square in square worked up.

Mostly I've be cutting strips from my stash for Bonnie's Orange Crush mystery quilt.


These are the first of the second clue blocks that we need to make. Need 142 of this block that Bonnie calls half 4 patch. Have all the triangles cut and squares. Just need to sew, sew, sew. She had us use the Easy angle to cut these. I've had this little ruler for at least 2 or 3 years and never could figure out when and how to use it. So a lot of us have learned what this tool is for. Made it really easy to cut from the strips.

Thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

Fadentante Gabriele said...

I like your blocks. So different colors, very nice.
I have taken your blog-side to my favorite blogs. I hope it's ok for you.

Gabriele

Katie said...

You're right about the "sew, sew, sew"! I've been zoning out in front of the tv and just chaining away. They look great!

June said...

Your blocks look great. You've been a busy lady!

Candace said...

Everything is wonderful, but I especially love the plaids. That will be one beautiful quilt.
Candace