Finally I've finished this top.These blocks have been in the piecing stage ever since I got back from the Kansas City retreat and I saw Julie's quilt on her bed.
Not sure what the name of this block is. Guess I have the pattern someplace but my mind is too forgetful to remember those things. I do know that there is 49 pieces to each block and I have 30 blocks. Yep, one left over which I think I shall put on the back for the label.
Most of the plaids are Thimbleberries. One of the members of my Yahoo group, Patty, maybe two years ago had this swap of plaid squares. and then she fixed them up into really neat order and sent them back with a star pattern. I never did anything with them until I saw this quilt. I did have to add some more plaids and some prints. The brown plaid border I ordered online for. I had also ordered a blue but it was just too bright so went with the red for the inner border. Here's a close up of half of the quilt.
I have the idea of finding a plaid flannel for the backing and using a very fine batting. Saw some plaid flannel shirting in Joann's yesterday and it was 60 in wide which would only require the yardage length.
Here's the other half of the quilt. believe it or not that is the same pattern in all those blocks. It's the color placement that make them look different.
The pieces is high because all those square in squares in the corners were squares sewn on and cut. No I didn't keep those cutoffs. Way to small. Those square in square blocks are only 2 inches square.
Think this might make a nice school quilt for my grandson's college quilt. But I have 4 years to get it quilted by machine.
Now on to something else. Like getting some of these tops quilted. Stay tuned. Thanks for stopping by.