Monday, September 22, 2008

One Scrappy Quilt finished

Would you believe that I don't even remember when I made this top, Or why? When my friend Patty in Florida said she needed some quilts to practice her quilting on her new mid arm, I looked through my rolls of tops and found this one which I figured wouldn't be to hard or big to practice on. Told her to keep it for her guild's charities.

Well a couple days ago I get this package in the mail. Patty had finished quilting this quilt.


I love the pattern she used and I was so pleased I want her to quilt my Orange Crush in the same pattern.

She had forgotten about keeping it as it has been almost a couple years since I sent it to her. Life got in her way but now is having fun quilting on her new machine.


Here's a close up of the side. Can you see the design? I forget what she said about it but I like the different ways it moves and it is close enough to really look great.


Here's another close-up. Could this possibly be one of Bonnie's patterns from several years ago? I know the pattern but for me to make it so big it had to be something like a mystery quilt.

Terrible to get old and forgetful. Some things I just can't remember.

OH! today while watching the Redskins beat Arizona, I finally finished quilting that Feed Sack quilt. I think I've been working on that for the best part of a year. Now to cut some sugar sacks into binding and it will be finished. Really need to get it hanging up somewhere to get the effect of the quilting. So something else to get up on here soon.

We've been having such lovely fall like weather. Getting cool at night. Down in the low 50s' and up in the 70's in the daytime. Won't be long till the trees will be turning and leaves falling.

Hope it was a good day for you wherever you are. Thanks for stopping. Hope it won't be so long until I get another post up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You got that bound pretty quick Eileen!

Well, I did have the quilt a little over a year (You mailed it to me on July 13, 2007 ;-)

The hardest part was getting past my fear of the machine! Now I wonder what took me so long..lol.


Patty

julieQ said...

What a neat story! This quilt has been around. Love the scrappy goodness of it!