Monday, June 9, 2008

Some progres

. I have been sewing since my hubby has been in Rehab. Got these blocks out after I got the board cleared off and laid them out. This was our Quilter's Hollow Friendship swap we did this year. Thought this was a good setting to do some quilting in the light sections. It isn't finished. I am putting a 2 inch light border on and then piano keys of assorted fabrics for the outside border. Put a floral up with it but just didn't work. These are all Thimbleberries prints that really show up as solids.

So on to make lots of strips.
Then I also finished last night this last round of the Yours Truly Round Robin. Otherwise I made it all but Carol Doaks gave us the guidelines for each round. Of course it had to have paper piecing in it and Carol's patterns

I love the softness it represents. Used only about 5 different fabrics. The flowers are mostly hand dyes that I have had for a long time. Now to get it quilted.

But first I have to sew another quilt together. Yes, Bonnie gave our last round to the mystery Orange Crush quilt. I got the blocks laid out on my wall but will have to look for a bit and make sure the colors are OK. Don't like to have the same prints close to each other.

I also found three of the pinwheel blocks that I had set wrong.. Easy to do on blocks like this . Picture later.

Now if only the Tree guy would call tomorrow and come by and let me know when they will be here.This is leaving a whole lot of dead leaves in my yard. That is suppose to come in the fall.



2 comments:

Candace said...

You are obviously making good use of your time, as both quilts look beautiful. I am still studying on my OC also. I am trying to decide if I want 1 big quilt, or 2 smaller ones. I hope your tree guy shows up soon.

quiltingnana said...

just found your blog. The quilt is absolutely stunning. I love the dark/light contrast.