Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Full Moon Over Boonsboro

Early morning with a haze about a couple weeks ago.
The lights are Boonsboro 2 miles away. Taken out of the window of my porch
Click on the picture and see it clearer. It was foggy.
 
This is the first Kids quilt I finished this month. Sorry I had the Orca Bay on the board so took it over it
the picture over it. This is a pretty lavender-pink for a girl. Click on it.

This is the last one I made. The print is Hockey so a boys. Kendra, our leader will quilt these two.

Orca Bay !!!

Picture is gone so will have to wait until next time. Hope to have the outer border on then
Posted by PicasaThen finally I got this sewed up, the inner border on. Now to get the outer boarder which is pieced , finished.  I made this all out of my  stash. Using the same colors that Bonnie had used in hers.

Sorry I have been absent. Just trying to get this quilt top finished. Then to get back to the Thimbleberries quilt that I had bought the kit in Kansas City this past fall. I had folded it and put it away.

This has been the strangest winter. Really no winter yet. Had a little snow and some below 32 weather but then back to 40 and 50. Not that I'm complaining. In a couple weeks I am going to a Workshop with Bonnie Hunter. Again with strip piecing a pattern from her first book. I am going to use Hubbies plaid shirts . So it will be his quilt. Better than going to the second hand store and buying them. But will need to get something a little brighter, like red for the border. He didn't like red but ---

1 comment:

Kim said...

Those kids' quilts are great! A couple kids will be very happy with them, that's for certain. Nice work!