Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Roll Roll Cotton Boil

This is what it looks outside right now. Hard to tell how much we might get this evening. Had a couple inches this morning then it let up and started again about 3PM.
It's been a while since I wrote but I have been busy . Just wating to finish quilting a couple quilts. This is a Schnibble quilt whose name has gone from my mind. I just need to cut the binding for it.
This is the one that has taken me a while to get done. I am not sure if you can see the border stitching or not. It is a running feather and since I am not good at this type of thing free moiton, I used the paper pattern. The draw back is on this where so many stitches are done over each other and some paper stays in the stitches. I plan to wash this as soon as if get the binding on and hope the little pieces disapear.
These blocks were from a Friendship swap in my online group. Am glad to get it finished.

More so about this next quilt. Bonnie's Mystery. It was a bear. W0nder if Bonnie counted how many pieces are in it. Roll Roll Cotton Boil.

It is very large. The porch is 7 foot high and there is another foot on the floor. The thing that I've been working on this past week is that border. It is wonderful but--- Really sets the whole quilt off . Am very happy I made it.
Bonnie calls the pieces for the border Parallograms. 3 squares with triangles on each end. Then set so they are sewn with am straight edge. There are 39 of those on the side , a few less for the top and bottom. But the way she has you do the corner is perfect. Maybe you can see it better by clicking on the picture.

Now maybe I can get back to some of the Kid's quilts whose kits I have. Also been Helping my neighbor. She has a foot and leg in a cast and He needed to get to his job. He is a contractor and had men out working. Also was tired of his new job of taking care of her. So I have gone over for a couple hours at a time to relief him. Well today He told the men to stay home. It's a good thing. He did finally get out and cleaned his driveway and then mine but now they and the road are covered again.

So the best thing to do is stay in and sew. and play on the laptop. Thanks for visiting.
Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your Roll Cotton quilt is beautiful! I am just not sure I'd pull one like that off. ;)

I'm still working on my Jan. LaPetite but will have it done soon. I just have to do the borders.

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

Glad to see you got your Roll Roll Cotton Boll done. I am still working on the string blocks and the HST's. Can't wait to have mine done too!

Shirley--Knot-y Embroidery Lady said...

I loved my visit today, well always. Starting to feel better and our son is slowly getting better. I love you blog!

Jan said...

You have done some beautiful quilts! I especially like the blue and yellow one! Stay in and stay warm!!!

LuAnn said...

I love your cotton boll....I'm still plugging away at mine. I am wondering about that border (the parallellograms) too. I have to do some ripping on another one today before I can get back to that one. Love your snow photos.

julieQ said...

Your RRCB is so gorgeous! And huge!! I like your nine patch inside the churn dash, I am working on a quilt like that one.

Jamie Janow Elfert said...

Great Job! Especially like your RRCB - I am still working on mine in between all the other projects. I hope to finish the top soon.

Anonymous said...

Hey Eileen - I used that feather border roll on a quilt recently. Same reason as you. Worked great, though same thing with the bits. I used a tweezer. And after the first border I got the rhythm and didn't use it for the other 3. - Melanie

Michele said...

Hi! Your quilts look great! I saw your Mon Ami in the parade and it's a beauty! Stay inside and be sure to keep warm :)

Sinta Renee said...

Eileen, your RRCB quilt is amazing! Absolutely beautiful!!!

Appalachian Mercantile said...

Love the Roll Cotton quilt!

Candace said...

You've been very busy, your RRCB is really beautiful. I love all your schnibbles. The first picture is really beautiful, almost magical. Did you take it through the glass.