Tuesday, January 4, 2011

HappyNew Year

I know I am late but better late than never.
This is the way it was at my house on the 26th. Which was our Christmas day. Had 3 grandchilderen. They stayed the night a it had snowed at their home below Washington. They had to pick up someone at BWI early on Tuesday morning so it worked out well.
I had another picture of the girls but not sure if it will show up. Been having a time figuring how to get into Picasa for the pictures from my Firefox now.
Angela the younger girl said that she uses Firefox and it was a lot better than Internet Explorer. So I downloaded it. It is quick but there have been problems. and since I am not a GEEK . It's hard.

Now starting on the 26th my group started a mystery quilt for the week. Not being able to sew on the 26th or much on the 27 but I did get it done, Which is what this picture is. Thimbleberries of course.
I have not ignored Bonnie's mystery and this week there is a lot to do. Putting together blocks takes time. This is what I have up on my board now. The one completed block in on the top row. Besides the strip blocks cut diagonally then sewn again to make the alternate blocks and setting trangles. Probably clicking on the picture you may be able to see it better.

It was a busy week. On Tuesday we went looking for a kitty for me to adopt. Many of the older ones were really bigger than I wanted. I did find one and will get her on Monday. DD stayed until Wed. but then came back on Saturday and on Sunday she had a High School class dinner to go to and then went home and back to school on Monday.

Then on Monday I went into the Vets and adopted a 2 1/2 year old cat which had been taken to the Vets in pretty bad condition. They had taken care of everything. Even had to pull a tooth.Poor thing . But she is very scared now and having explored the whole house she has found a spot to hide from me and only comes out when she wants to. So knowing cats do what they want will have to wait till I can get a picture out in the open. She is a Tuxedo , black and white spots. DD said like a penquin so we have named her Penny. I'm hoping it doesn;t take her too long to be lovey. She will rub my legs once in awhile. But doesn't want held.

So now back to working on the mystery quilt. Thanks for stopping by.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

quiltmom anna said...

Hi Eileen,
Happy New Year to you.
I hope that you have a fabulous New Year. How nice for you to have your grand daughters and daughter with you over the holiday. I bet it made it extra special for you.
I am looking forward to seeing your pictures of Penny the cat. I bet she is very sweet. Cats do have minds of their own - at least Mars certainly does...
Warmest regards,
Anna

Darlene's Quilts and Stuff said...

Looks like the kids were nice and warm Congrats on the new kitty. He will warm up to you. Be sure to post a pic of him. I switched to Firefox a few months ago and love it. But it is different.
Darlene