Thursday, May 20, 2010

On The Road Again

Yes, we went through the great Smokey Mountains to Nashville but the interstate goes right through the center of town but NO we did not stop.

Left Matyland about 9 AM and after the necessary stops for gas and drive through at McDonalds for lunch we finally found a nice little town with a number of Motels and food.
Went to Ruby Tuesday's for supper but wasn't impressed. Ended up with the salad bar. Tonight will have to find some good Southern Cooking.

So we are in Dickson, Tenn. half way between Nashville and Memphis. So in a little while we will be On the Road Again. Going to a little town beyond Dallas where Roben has a friend that wants to see some of her new recipes she's working up for a new Microwave cook book., She specializes in receipes for those with Celiac Disease.

So will see what today brings. Maybe tomorrow I will get some pictures of Deep in the Heart of Texas.  Have great days everyone.

7 comments:

quiltmom anna said...

It sounds like you are on a bit of an adventure to Texas. Have you been there before, Eileen?
I have a niece that has celiac disease- She is pregnant with her first baby that is due in September. She does pretty well now that they know that she has celiac disease.

I have been thinking about you and wondering how you are getting on. I am sure that you have had family and friends around in the time since George's passing. I hope that they have been taking care of you. I will look forward to seeing your new quilts. Perhaps you will find some new fabrics in your travels.
Warmest regards,
Anna

Anonymous said...

enjoy your journey. it is nice sometimes for a little change of scenery. just what the doctor ordered.
a friend in MA
looking forward to seeing more quilts maybe one after your adventure in TX

Candace said...

Sounds like you're having an adventure. I hope that you found some good southern cooking and that your journey is going well. I haven't been there for many years, but we drove through Texas in the summer without air-conditioning and it seemed to go on and on. I'm sure that your trip will be much cooler than ours was, lol.

julieQ said...

Wish you could stop by here too!! You will be within a couple hours of us...have fun and be safe on your travels.

Jan said...

Glad you are having a great and safe trip! Did you get to stop and see Anne and Paul and the boys? I hope so? Enjoy yourself! Have you found any quilt stores yet? Jan

QuilterBee said...

I live in Nashville! Email me when you come back through, you can follow me to Quilter's Attic and we'll have lunch or something. I'm glad to see that your getting out and about. Keeping you in my prayers. Have fun on your trip! Amie in Nashville
rustytatertot5150@comcast.net

Shirley--Knot-y Embroidery Lady said...

In catching up on your blog I forgot to mention in my last comment that I really like the quilt with all the little quilts. I have never seen that combination and I just love them placed into the one quilt. Well, done! You always inspire me, educate me and surprise me!!!