Monday, September 21, 2009

Boonesboro Days


Welcome to Boonsboro, Maryland. This is the sign at the street that turns down to the park. Course the building beside it is the town laundrymat.

Sorry I have been a week getting these pictures in and writting. Time just seems to fly by and when you get called about every fifteen minutes to get something, it's hard getting anything done.


Here is the butterfly I talked about before. Ours has swans on either wing. This stands a good 5 feet and is in a concrete base. Every butterfly that was made is different and made out of different materials. Some with designs made of glass. I'm just glad that Boonsboro has one.


Across the steet is the restored Trolley station. It ran between Hagerstown and Frederick. The tracks were where the street is. Probably why our main street is a little wider than a lot of old towns.


This is the front of it and hard to believe that 10 years ago it was a storage for feed at the Hardware store, now gone.


This is the main room inside, Turn around and there was a pot belly stove and the rest of stuff which was for the comfort of the station master. Didn't get any other pictures as there were too many people in the way.


A stroll down the road and we're in the park and this day it was packed with people and stands etc. This is the stream that run through the park. The water comes from a spring under an old home on main street.

One of the booths. This man makes old corn husk brooms and sells them.


This lady makes bird houses out of gourds. Really neat.

I really have been getting some sewing and quilting done. Here are the results of this past week.


This is from a kit I got at the retreat. We were each to make up a kit and then we exchanged them. Mine came from the other Eileen in the group and is called This and That. She had a package of Charms from Wildfower Serenade and two Kansas Troubles Fat Quarters. I machine quilted it yesterday and got the binding whipped down while watching the Redskins.


This I have shown as a top a couple months ago. Made from leftover HST It's all TB and machine quilted also.

I now want to get the butterflies pinned and quilted next. Kim is sending me some black wool for the antenna's

Hubby has been pretty good except for the nights that he can't sleep then wakes me fairly often. But we tried a sleeping pill last night and he only woke once and called. We just take one day at a time. Thanks for all the concerns. We are fine.

6 comments:

quiltmom anna said...

What a nice place you live in- It looks like you had a fun day at the county fair- the gourds make such fantastic birdhouses- They really are interesting to look at-
Your quilts are coming along well.
I do love your butterflies from your previous post.
I will send for the Buggy Barn book (as I do love the butterful pattern) when I have a little extra money- it always gets a bit tighter before the end of September- it is a long time since the first of July's cheque.
Hope you have another great week of quilting and that hubby manages to get some uninterupted sleep - and you too. VBG
Warmest regards,
Anna

dianne said...

your town's butterfly is so pretty - the city that my mother and sister live in has giant (concrete) geese that are decorated in much the same way ... it is so strange to be driving down the street and see a huge goose with flowers or spots like a cow!

Shirley--Knot-y Embroidery Lady said...

Ah, what a treat to see your town. Someday, I want to see it with you!!!! Someday.

Your quilting sure is pretty. Yes, pretty.
I love the small quilts and the kit that the other Eileen made. Very, very nice.

Thinking of you.

Lindah said...

What pretty little quilts! I'm glad to hear that you're coming along ok. One day at a time is a good way. I think there is a hymn about that.

Blessings.

julieQ said...

Looks like so much fun! Love the butterfly too. I hope all is well and that you BOTH are sleeping!

Candace said...

I hope that all is well with you and DH. I would like to visit Boonsboro one day, it looks like a really nice place with a nice little inn. I love those town emblems, Jacksonville had gators, Orlando manatees, and Lakeland swans. I think it gives the towns charm. Looks like you're coming along on your quilts. They are really pretty.