Thursday, February 17, 2011

Sunday Desert

Did you see this in the Sunday Parade magazine? It really caught my eye  and when my Daughter came up this past weekend she looked at it and said that a friend had made it and was really good. It is a flourless cake. Yes, Just choc, 4 eggs, 1 cup of sugar and 3/4 c. of butter. The eggs are separated and the whites beaten to peaks. This is the hardest part.
I didn't have the semi sweet Chocolates and she offered to go to the grocery store to  get some.So I made it. We did one mistake though. It said to cook for 40 min. at 300 degrees which we did but-- missed seeing to check for doneness with a straw. OOPS
Well this is what it turned out like. The top is crusty and you turn it over and the top should be a little soft but not as soft as ours.  After we put it in the fridge it hardend up and is really good.We enjoyed it
.I am a sucker for sunsets and this was Sunday evening. It really was redder than the picture shows but the sky was so blue. This evening was even prettier but didn't take it. Today we had about 65 degrees outside and it was beautiful. Spring is here, maybe almost until the weather report for a few days from now. After all it is still February.

I even raked some leaves up in the front yard. Saw that the bulbs were starting to come up and raked the leaves off them. Don't want them 6 inches deep. I didn't get any leaves raked in the fall so there are a lot out there.
Then decided it was too nice to go in so got my  book and went down in the yard to my rocker and read for about an hour. It was so peaceful and the sun was coming in just enough to keep it warm.

On the quilty side I have finished my Sweet Spot Schnibbles for the Mini this month. I thought I had kept the label of the charms but now can't find it. This was fun to make. I had all the blocks made and up on the board and my daughter arranged them for me. So this is it.
Thanks for stopping by.  Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great piece for the Schnibbles month! I have my supplies all ready to take to a craft retreat Friday & Saturday. My plan is to start & finish! ;) I got the Open Gate ruler so hope that makes quick work of all the flying geese in the border.

Appalachian Mercantile said...

Love the Schnibbles quilt...and you can send me some of that chocolate any time now! Let me know if you need my address!!! Yummy....

Kim said...

That Schnibbles turned out cute!

Anonymous said...

Your Schnibbles turned out neat. I like the arrangement that your daughter did. On the chocolate front, I have the recipe saved, but haven't had a chance to try it as yet. It is sitting out on the counter. Thanks for the pointers.

Michele said...

Your Schnibbles looks great! I'm planning on getting some work done on mine today :) How fun that your bulbs are starting to come up!

julieQ said...

Love your quilt, of course...adn that dessert!! I may just pop over for a bite of that!!

julieQ said...

Thank you for the recipe...I will have to try this!! Your quilt is so pretty...love your Schnibbles!!!