Thursday, October 7, 2010

Black Hills

Yes, a little strange title for me but I have just finished reading the best book, I just had to tell you about it.

Black Hills by Nora Roberts. Not just a love story but a story of two people starting when they were young and ending in a thrilling tale of the Black Hills and sacred Indian grounds.
A story of a girl who loved the wild animals and wanted to save the injured and start a compound for them and for teaching others about the beautiful wild animals.

It is a fairly new book having come out in 2009. I read mostly the older ones but love her adventures which in the past year the books I have read have been about Alaska, South Carolina and Now the Black Hills of the Dakota's.

I have been sewing but don't have any pictures yet. As you can see from the sidebar I have joined up with the Schnibble group for this coming year to try to make all 12 quilts that they ask for. I already have made at least six or eight of them and now have started on the New Pagainni , That's the first one that needs to be made by Nov. 1. why don't you join in. They do give prizes out. Kim did all of them last time and did end up with a prize.

I am progressing nicely. Have been doing without the cane even a little. But still need to get my legs stronger. PT at 8 in the morning and first thing 10 minutes on the step machine can really get you going. They usually end by doing some massaging on the back and then put on the electrical stimulation and a big heat pad for close to 15 min. So ends up good.

So hope things are going well for all of you. Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

quiltmom anna said...

Nice to hear you are progressing nicely. I haven't been blogging much lately- just too swamped with other things these days- school and life in general.
Thanks for the book review of the Black hills- I will have to watch for it- My great grandmother was a teacher on an Indian reservation in Harding grove,North Dakota( I think North Dakota at the beginning of the 20th century. We recently were looking at photos from that time.
Hope all is well with you. It sounds like you are feeling much better and are improving every day.
Warmest regards,
Anna

Beth said...

I will have to look for that book at the library. Our daughter is active duty AF and is stationed at EllsworthAFB, Rapid City, SD. We visited her there this summer and got to see the Black Hills (LOVELY!) , Badlands, and of course Mt Rushmore. I like Nora Roberts alot. She tells a good story. Nice to see your quilting and that you are feeling better@