Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Here We Go Again

Yes, we are getting more snow. Started yesterday afternoon and went on most of the night. Although when I was up about one o'clock I could see lights in the valley so probably stopped some. They have a Blizzard for all of Maryland today. and it's cold.

I went out to clean off a spot on the carport for the ground feeders to get some seeds. Scared about 3 doves that had been trying to find seeds I put out last night. Thank goodness I had filled the hanging feeder with sunflower seeds. The birds have really been using it. If they can keep the squirrels from jumping on it.

Wanted to just update all on Hubby's situation. He was hoping to come home tomorrow but another bad infection has popped up and required him to go back to the hospital to get a pic line put in as the antibiotic that will kill this thing has to be given directly into the vein at 6 hour intervals, I think, for about 10 days. Fortunately the nursing home can do this and he can keep up with the PT. He was very disappointed but, I would rather he not come home with this horrible weather.

Thanks goodness for a great neighbor who will clean my drive out when it stops. Till then I shall sew and quilt. Hope everyone is this same region will be safe.

11 comments:

oldbatt said...

I live in MN and can feel your pain. We are so sick of the cold we can barely stand it! We are ready to move somewhere south and west - namely Colorado where at least the sun comes out to brighten your day. I hope you DH gets better soon but glad he is well taken care of. Have a great day sewing! Lisa

Lindah said...

Wow, this has really been a snowy year for your area. I'm glad you can be snug in your home with plenty of sewing projects. I'm sorry to learn of you DH's latest infection. It seems his battle is continual. You both are in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Keep cozy & enjoy your sewing time. Sorry Unc Geo is back in the hospital.

Shirley--Knot-y Embroidery Lady said...

Thinking of you and your DH. Both of you have your challenges - you with getting out and about in the emergency declared in your state from the massive amount of snow and your DH with his new infection. The birds are very thankful for your generous care and feeding. Amazing weather, Amazing weather!!!!!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Yikes more snow. I am praying for your husband. I hope you enjoy your quilting time while you are snowed in.

Perry said...

Hi Eileen, I am so sorry to hear your husband is having such a bad time with infections etc. I pray he recovers soon. I know how worrisome sick husbands can be. And thank goodness for great neighbors. They are indeed a Godsend.

Candace said...

The snow is pretty, but I'm sure that it has become a burden. Thank goodness that you have a nice warm home and neighbors to help push the snow out of the way. I'm sorry that your husband has had another set back. My husband had one of those pic lines in his chest, in his case for several months, and it was a good thing for him. Hopefully, he will feel a little less disappointed when you are able to make your visits safely. You are both in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Genial post and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you for your information.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now. Keep it up!
And according to this article, I totally agree with your opinion, but only this time! :)

Anonymous said...

Dear Alyssa,

For long time I use this free software: [url=http://www.freeflvtomp3converter.com]FLV to MP3 free converter[/url].

FLV to MP3 free converter is a free YouTube, MegaVideo, SantaBanta and similar video sites to MP3 Converter and allows you to convert a video to MP3 file.

This software is fast, free, and requires no signup. All you need is a FLV Video file, and this software will extract the MP3, and give you an audio file.

So you are able to listen to your favorite YouTube tracks on every MP3 player.

You can download it for free at [url=http://www.freeflvtomp3converter.com]www.freeflvtomp3converter.com[/url].

I hope this help you.

julieQ said...

Hope you can get your dear husband home soon to you! It is cold here...more snow forcasted this week.