Tuesday, June 30, 2009

A little of This and That

I put pictures in here the other day and just did not feel like posting., Shame on me. I know it has been over a week and some of you are wondering what has been going on. First I finally finished the binding on this quilt. Ended up taking it to the nursing home and doing the hand work while sitting and talking to Hubby. It worked great. He has had a really rough time. With Pneumonia, Congestive heart Failure and then several different urinary tract infections. Not sure if the Pneumonia is gone yet and still getting antibiotics for the infections but at least is getting up every day and soon , I hope , will start physical Therapy again. He must get walking before he is able to come home again and he does want to do that.

Our daughter was up Monday and Tuesday with Granddaughter number three from Colorado, She is here in the east for a month to help with her Aunt on her Mother's side get through the delivery of twins and then moving. So we had a nice visit with her. She just finished her first year in College in Greeley, ColoradoHere is this ground cover I got a couple months ago and has it spread but look at the little yellow flowers. It has gone down over the rock wall and looks so neat. The rest of the Perennials have finished blooming so are not so pretty. I have Three summer Lillies that are blooming now and one I wanted to get a picture of but a blossom only stays a bit during the day and then dies. So is hard to get. Here is what I have finished of the Double Delight. It is so neat coming together. But had to put it aside to get another quilt top together for a retreat I'm going to in Dayton Ohio, in late Aug. It can't be shown but thought I had it finished until Daughter came and said the border didn't work because the background was white where I used off white for the setting of most of the blocks.
So am going to make a trip to the White Swan Quilt Shop, tomorrow morning early. They are having a 4th of July sale for those brave souls that want to get up to the store by 6 AM. I hope to be there by 7 for the 25% off sale. Will take my coffee with me and hope to find something. She said an off white background with Navy or dark blue. Very specific so hard. I have in mind what I would like but that is bad. Maybe it will jump out at me. Stay tuned.

I have since finished machine quilting My "T" quilt I think I have shown before and just finished the binding, again taking it to the home. He has a big wardrobe with nothing in it, so leave it there until it is finished. Too big to drag back and forth.

Now he has to get strong so he can get home by the end of the month when our son is coming again. First for his 3oth High School class reunion and to stay a week. Sure is nice when he has miles to pay for these flights back and forth from Denver. He will also see his Mother-in-Law this time and maybe the new twins that are expected soon.

I at least have time to go to Physical Therapy for my back. Haven't said much about that. I do think it is doing some good along with the Water Aerobics but unfortunately they are over for the months of July and August. Start again in September through the winter. Will see about that and fitting it in with Hubby home, if he gets here. I know that getting a full nights sleep helps. But I still know I have back problems. Probably have to learn to live with it.

Do hope you hape you enjoyed catching up with all my doings and h0pe to be back sooner the next time. Thanks for stopping by.

5 comments:

Mrs Quilty said...

WOW! You are one busy lady! I can't believe all the balls you keep in the air. Your quilts are so beautiful!! You do both hand and machine quilting, I think! It must be so hard with your husband ill and not at home! Sending prayers he recovers soon and can come home! Thanks for visiting my blog!

quiltmom anna said...

Well Eileen, I can see you have been busy with your quilts. The Double Delight is coming along nicely.
I hope that they might find some relieve for your back problems. Backs can be so troublesome.
I am sure it was nice to see your daughter and grand daughter.
Summer vacation has begun and I am beginning to get in the summer groove. I have quilted the trip around the world quilt and will trim it this afternoon so that I can bind it.
Nice to see you on line and enjoying some summer time things.
'til next time , be well,
Warmest regards,
Anna

Lindah said...

Eileen, it is so good to get caught up with you again. Your finished quilt is beautiful! I love what you did with the borders. --Not to mention all that wonderful hand quilting!
I'm glad you are taking time to care for youself. Back and forth to the home can be so tiring. I hope your DH continues to make good progress. So nice you both can look forward to a visit from your son. How we do enjoy our sons' visits!
Blessings!
Linda

Orcsmom said...

Eileen,
I have missed you. I have been thinking about you and hubby almost on a daily basis. Here's hoping he is doing better and home soon. I understand the back problems. I have to sit just so or it takes me 2-3 days to recoup! The Double Delight, is very delightful! I hope you enjoy the rest of your summer with good health for you and your hubby! Take care!

Best Regards,
Pam

Shirley--Knot-y Embroidery Lady said...

Happy 4th of July!

I was so happy to read your post this evening. It was fun catching up on "a little this and that."
Your days are busy and in the car, however, it is good to hear you are getting a good nights sleep now. Well done in the caring for DH department and I am glad o hear that he is improving day by day.

summer is blazing down on us here and even our nights have not cooled off much. We are looking forawrd to a bit of a break over the weekend.

Yours quilting talent is beautiful. Thank you for sharing your labors of love. I am in awe of the things that you do. Great Job!

Hugs