Monday, October 17, 2011

Fall is here

This is a veiw out my windows the other day. Yes, that is fog and the dogwood turning colors. Now the leaves are almost gone. It is going to get cooler this week.and on Thursday I am going to the Annapolis quilt retreat down on West River which runs into the bay.
I see that I had already showed this one but I have it finished now.
So here is the comopleted one but not quilted. A nice throw, Love these blocks
Sormeone said I should get more pictures of Penny.  It would be easier if there was someone else here t
to snap pictures. The best ones would be the way she sleeps on my lap. She is still going into the quilt hoop and sleeping behind it. Usually hidden.
This is one of her walking and it is a little blurred.
This is the kids quilt that she gave us at the last meeting. It has been given back to her to erquilt. I will get it back to bind, Brought 2 more home yesterday. But no hurry to get them done.

I have the suetcase packed with the newest Kit I bought in Kansas City. All cut ready to put the blocks together later in the week. Will be fun to get reaquainted with some of the old members.
Another Kids quilt. The colors don't show up to well . I'm not fond of this pattern.
 
Posted by PicasaA quilted Schnibble. George. Guess you know why this was the first one that I got quilted. Love the colors in it.

Will try and get some pictures at the retreat. I know several years ago I got a terrific picture of a double rainbow. This time of year there should still be some sailboats. 
Thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

Beth said...

Oh Eileen! I envy the fall colors! We are still hot in the day, but the nights are lovely. I love your quilt with the triangles in each corner. I use that pattern to make what I call a 'cheater' I spy. Each block is a different novelty, but not hexagons like the true I spy. It goes ALOT faster! I am working on one now. I am not as happy with it as others. I used a polka dot for the triangles. It too busy for me, but the family will like it. I use the left over triangles from each corner to make flying geese. They get pieced into the border. The baby can play match game when they get big enough to recognize things in the squares. You are getting alot quilted!

Angie said...

'George' is gorgeous! I love the colors in it! :) And I have to say, I really like all of the quilts you're showing in this post. :) Your kitty is a beauty.

merrily row said...

Thanks for the picture of Penny. She looks like she is wearing a baby sock. Too cute. And I love the george quilt.

I am jealous of your fall leaves and weather. It is still in the high 80's here.

Have fun at Annapolis. You are certainly getting in a lot of quilting trips this year. Good for you.

Melanie said...

I love your work.... My favorite it the last one!!! Great colors.