Thursday, September 23, 2010

I'm Back, Finally

Sorry  have been so long in blogging but I have had  very serious back surgery and I just couldn't get back to this right away. I have come a long way now and maybe I can get back in the groove, If I can get my pictures uploaded again.
Just wanted to show you first ,the last quilt I finished hand quilting.It is the end of all the star blocks we swapped a few years back. I really like these setting blocks of Courthouse Square. This is all Thimbleberries.

Now a little more about my surgery. I was surprised to get this going so quick. Then when they got in it was a lot worse than the Dr. expected. It involved all the lower vertebrae from 5 down. He ended up putting in a rod, screwing vertebrae together and putting in what they called 3 cages which were filled with  bones and would , we hope, meld in with the other bones.

I am still using a walker but can stand good and have taken a few steps. I just started what will be a month of more serious Physical Therapy. Hopefully will be able to drive in a couple weeks.

I have not felt like doing  anything. I spent one week in the hospital and the rehab as I had no one at home to take care of me. Then I had bladder problems and the day I was suppose to go home the Dr. noticed my blood count had gone down and gave me 2 pts. of blood. That made me feel much better. Now I just want to get out and sit in the sun but I can't get down  there. I need to get this mess of pictures in a place that I can upload them. I finished the last Kids Quilts and delivered it today. Had a picture if it and one of the Jelly Roll quilt on the board in the setting I'm using.

Enough and probably more than you wanted to know. Hopefully  will be back sooner than before. 

15 comments:

luv2quilt2 said...

So good to see you again. I'm so sorry to hear about the difficulties you've been having, and pray that you're well on the road to complete recovery. Love your Thimbleberries stars!

Beth said...

Oh MY! I'm so glad you are home and on the mend! maybe time for some hand work. How about those hexies everyone is working on.

Ila K. said...

Welcome back!!

Lindah said...

You have been a busy lady! With all that repair work needed, it's good you were able to get in there and get it done. Be diligent with the therapy and you will be back at it soon. In the meantime, Beth's advice about handwork sounds like good idea. The star quilt turned out really nice. I agree that those courthouse steps are beautiful setting blocks.
So good to hear from you again! Take good care.

Stephani V. Siekiersk said...

Greetings Eileen,

The weather must be about to change on your mountain and head in to Fall colors in all their glory. So good to hear from you. Your quilt on your blog was lovely. It should be cool Fall weather coming up in time for you to get back home. Wishing you all the best.
Stephani

Gwen said...

Glad to see you posting again! I missed you. Keep up the good work with therapy.

pajudie said...

So glad your back home, Eileen, and that your surgery is behind you. I can appreciate what you're going through since my hubby has had four back surgeries and the recovery can take a while. DON'T DO TOO MUCH :o) It's easy to overdo when you get to feeling better, but take it easy!!!
Love your quilt - it's beautiful!! I'm a big fan of star quilts, so it really tickles my fancy.
Judie

quiltmom anna said...

So lovely to see you back blogging- Hope the back is not causing you too much pain- I love your new quilt- and your new wallpaper on the sides of your blog page. Very pretty indeed.
It is time for bed- I'll come by to say hi again soon.
Hugs,
Anna

JudyT said...

Welcome back! I had just found your blog shortly before you went to the hospital and missed it while you were out. That quilt is gorgeous!! I can't believe all the handwork you get done. Hope you are back to 100% soon and in the meantime hexies sound like good therapy!

julieQ said...

Such a beautiful hand quilted quilt...it is wonderful! I am so sorry for your back surgery...been there, but not nearly as extensive as yours...hope you heal quickly! Hugs!

Candace said...

Sorry for the hard time that you have had but glad that you are improving. Wish I lived closer, I'd come and give you a hand. The quilt is very beautiful

Minniestitches said...

So glad you are back again! Try to enjoy the sunshine before the snow flies! Your quilt looks great! Hope you continue to improve day by day!

Jan said...

Glad you are back to blogging again. We missed you! Hope you will continue to improve more every day. I know PT is hard---have had to do it myself for shoulder surgery awhile back. Your quilt is lovely!!!

Ruth said...

The quilt is beautiful!! Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Anonymous said...

So glad to see that you feeling up to hand quilting again. This quilt is just beautiful and I love the setting. You are truly an inspiration to all of us.

Ellen