Monday, January 11, 2010

It's Finished

I have been a little busy the last few days. My Hubby took a turn for the worse and has ended up in the CCU with serious infections. Got into the blood stream this time and his blood pressure went way down so I've spent some time in the ER and then the hospital.
But fortunately I had the binding on the baby quilt so got it finished while sitting in the ER all day Saturday. They wanted to get him stabilized before taking him upstairs.
It's all quilted and hope you can see what I did. Tried some free motion in the plain blocks with the ABC's and a few flowers. I hope that Maggie likes it. Sure she will.

Then this is a little piece I did a long time ago. You can tell from the fabrics. Just playing around and found some striped fabric to use for the border and then the dark binding is some leftover. Looks a little dark now that it's on. At least it is and old one done.
Now I finally started on the Schnibbles pattern that Kim sent me for Christmas. Have the pinwheels all done . Need to sew them together but figured I'd start putting the border together. It used two charm packages and with the border will use it all. It is very light and springy looking and will make a nice table topper. Like I need another one. But a nice gift. I just might use this pattern with some other charms sometimes. Or some scraps of TB laying around.
Picture of this will come later. Have no idea how long Hubby will be in the hospital but the longer he's there the longer he will be back in rehab and he was scheduled to come home on Wed. Won't do it now. So it goes in my life. At least I have all my blogger friends and my quilting to keep be busy. Till the next time, Thanks for stopping by.

8 comments:

Paula said...

I'm so sorry to hear that your hubby is so sick with an infection. They are no fun, and can be dangerous. I understand those rotten hospital visits. So glad you had something to keep your hands busy. I'll be praying that he's better soon.

Orcsmom said...

I am sorry to hear about hubby. You both are in my thoughts and prayers! The quilts both turned out well. You take care, my friend!

Hugs!!
Pam

Lindah said...

Eileen, I am so sorry to hear your hubby is back in hospital again. He must be getting very weary of it, also. You are so faithful in caring for him. And in the midst of it, you are able to create such beautiful works of art, each stitch filled, no doubt with your love and hope. You and hubby are in my prayers.

antique quilter said...

so sorry to hear about your DH , just remember he is in the best place to take care of him so when he does come home he will be healthy .
I am very happy for you that you have your quilting and your keeping busy. I always love seeing what your working on and reading each and everyone of your posts even though I don't comment every time
Take care Eileen and keep stitching!
Kathie

Minniestitches said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your hubby. I hope he shows improvement every day. I'll be thinking of him and you.
So glad you have your stitching to keep you busy now. And if you can't get to it it will wait, that's what's so nice about it.
My thoughts and prayers will be with you both.

quiltmom anna said...

Sending you some warm wishes and good thoughts for a comfortable recovery for your husband, Eileen.
Your finishes are lovely - I am sure they both will be treasured by the new owners.
Hope the weather is cooperating and not making your travelling back and forth for visits difficult .

Just now,I am fighting off a cold and I think I am losing the battle. Too many little children and a coughing husband to avoid the sniffles entirely. It must be January...
Hugs,
Anna

Busy Little Quilter said...

Bless your hear, Eileen. I'm so sorry to hear about your husband. I will be sure to keep both of you in my thoughts and prayers.

I, too, am thankful for my friends and quilting. It does keep our minds and hands busy when life gets so tough.

Your quilts are beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I want not acquiesce in on it. I over precise post. Expressly the title-deed attracted me to be familiar with the unscathed story.